Subheading

Please join the Facebook group HERE, the Twitter page HERE or the Instagram page HERE for notifications of every post on here, so you can keep abreast of things and not miss out.

Tuesday 4 December 2018

Attention Please Radio (my guest appearance)


My friend and former colleague, Eddie Carter gets mentioned fairly regularly in this blog, either as a reviewer at All The Time I Was Listening To My Own Wall Of Sound or as host of, the Alternative Music radio show, Attention Please on ne1fm, a station localised in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in the North of England. I've been picking a record of the week on that show (a segment cunningly titled the Dunmore Record Of The Week) for a few months now.

Me (L) and Eddie (R)
We've often talked about it but a few weeks ago we finally got organised and recorded a show together. I've picked all but one of the tracks and chatted about each in between. It was a lot of fun to do and I'm pretty happy with the songs I chose.

It aired last night (Monday, 3rd Dec) but it's now uploaded onto Mixcloud so you can listen to it whenever you want, if you want. The songs played are listed below.

The intro song (Gloooorious!) plays under the first bit of chat and is pretty distracting but it's gone by Haken starts. You get to hear my mumbling, Yorkshire drone just fine after that.

Also, I forgot a few album titles, for which I apologise profusely. I'm an old man.


Listen to the Mixcloud stream HERE


Songs
Haken - The Architect
The Darkest Of The Hillside Thickets - Strange
Clutch - What Would A Wookiee Do?
The Cog Is Dead - Blood, Sweat & Tears
(One Band Double Feature)
Toehider - Go Full Bore
Toehider - Old, Old, Old
(80's Spectacular)
Robert Palmer - Johnny & Mary
The Regrettes - Red Light
Polkadot Cadaver - Last Call In Jonestown
Dog Fashion Disco - Magical Band Of Fools
Regurgitator - Crush The Losers
Kick Joneses - Battered And Bruised
(Eddie's Record Of The Week)
Antarctigo Vespucci - Freakin' U Out
The Boy Least Likely To - A Balloon On A Broken String
(Under The Cover)
The Baseballs - Chasing Cars
The Wildhearts - The Miles Away Girl
Agnès Milewski - Lucid Dream
Frontierer - Glitcher
The Gourds - The Way You Can Get
Muscle Tribe Of Danger And Excellence - Old School Blood Trial
Within Temptation - Faster
King's X - Fly


No comments:

Post a Comment